3 Day Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest
Overview of 3 Day Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest
The 3 Days Chimpanzee trekking safari will take you to Kibale Forest National Park which is one of Africas best rainforests located in Western Uganda approximately 795 km by road from Kampala- Ugandas capital. This park is home to around 13 primates among them you will meet the Chimpanzees which have a DNA close to that of humans, other wildlife species include; 70 species of mammals as well as over 375 bird species. The major activities to be done will be Chimpanzee trekking through the forest, and the Bigodi wetland walk.
Tour Summary | Safari Highlights of the 3 Day Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest
Day 1: Transfer to Kibale Forest National Park
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking & Bigodi wetland walk
Day 3: Departure- To Kampala
Tour Features: 3 Day Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest
- Private tour: This tour/safari will be run exclusively for you and won’t be shared with others.
- Can be customized You can request minor changes to the accommodation and destinations of this tour.
- Can start any day; If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Activities Involved: 3 Day Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest
- Bigodi wetland walk
- Chimpanzee trekking
Description Safari/Tour Itinerary of the 3 Day Uganda Gorilla Safari
Day 1: Transfer to Kibale National Park
On this day you will wake up early enough and have breakfast form the Hotel/your residence and your tour guide/driver will pick you up from there, after a short briefing about the safari you will drive to the Western part of Uganda to Kibale National Park. Have a stopover in Fortportal for lunch and thereafter have a visit to the tea plantations or Toro crater lakes. Proceed to the Park and check in at the lodge of your choice. You could opt for a nature walk in the forest that evening whereby you will see different wildlife species. Have dinner and an overnight as you prepare for Chimpanzee trekking the next day.
Meal Plan; Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation options; Primate lodge/Crater Safari lodge (Luxury), Kibale Forest Camp/Chimpanzee guest house(Mid-range), Rweteera lodge/Kibale Forest camp-lazy
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking & Bigodi wetland walk
After your morning breakfast, your driver will take you to the park information centre where you will be briefed together with other guests about what to do and not to do while trekking chimpanzees. Thereafter you will set out to look for the chimpanzees in the forest and experience unforgettable. Trekking might take 2 to 6 hours of which it is based on the location of chimpanzees. In the process of seeing chimpanzees you will be able to see also different birds, monkeys like the black and white colobus, grey cheeked Mangabey, golden monkeys among others, and various trees species as you walk through the forest.
Later after this amazing time with the chimpanzees, return to the lodge for lunch and thereafter your guide/driver will take you to Bigodi wetland for a swamp walk while there still you will see more primates like the Red tailed monkeys, baboons, bush pigs, LHoests Monkeys, otters and others as well as bird species like the great blue Turuco. You will also meet some old people that stay in that community together with school going children. At the end of the day you would have received a great African experience since you will see how these people live, do their day to day activities among other things. Head back to the lodge, have dinner & Overnight.
Meal Plan; Full board.
Accommodation options; Primate lodge/Crater Safari lodge (Luxury), Kibale Forest Camp/Chimpanzee guest house(Mid-range), Rweteera lodge/Kibale Forest camp-lazy camping(Budget)
Day 3: Departure To Kampala
Have your breakfast at the lodge as you mark the end of this amazing 3 days safari. After breakfast start off the journey back to Kampala with packed lunch from the lodge. You will reach Kampala in the evening.
Meal plan; Breakfast and Lunch.
End of Safari of 3 Day Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest
Getting There: Map showing 3 Day Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest
The Trip Cost Includes
- Pick-up or Drop-off service from and to Airport(in our own vehicle)
- Transportation to and from!!
- Food all along the trip(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea) and accommodations during the trip in hotels with family environment
- Transportation, food, accommodation and insurance of Guide during the trip
- Down jacket, all-season sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map(in case if you don’t have your own. Down jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag must be returned after completion of the trip)
- First Aid Medical Kit(Your guide will carry the Medical Kit but we also advise to bring yourself for your own use, as far as possible)
- All the required permits and paperwork
The Trip Cost Excludes
- International Airfare
- Visa Charges
- Hotel Expenses(In Kathmandu, some packages do include hotel expenses)
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc
- Food and accommodations in Kathmandu
- Services not mentioned or not promised by the agent/agency
- Emergency expenses such as expenses on chartered helicopter.