4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda
Overview of the 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda
This 4 day Gorilla Tracking Safari in Uganda includes a double experience of tracking gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park located in Southwestern Uganda approximately 9 hours drive from Kampala. During this safari you will be able to visit two different gorilla families; hence your accommodation facilities might vary basing on the parts where you will be trekking gorilla from.
Tour Summary | Safari Highlights: of the 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda
- Day 1 of the 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 2 of the 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda: First day of Gorilla tracking and community visit-Bwindi
- Day 3 of the 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda: Second day of Gorilla tracking in Bwindi and transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 4 of the 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda: Departure
Tour Features: 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda
- Private tour: This tour/safari will be run exclusively for you and won’t be shared with others.
- Can be customized You can request minor changes to the accommodation and destinations of this tour.
- Can start any day; If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Activities Involved: 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda
- Gorilla trekking
Description Safari/Tour Itinerary of the 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda
Day 1 of the 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Breakfast and after your guide will meet you and shortly brief you about your 4 days safari before you embark on the approximately 9 hour drive to Bwindi forest. Along the way you will stop at the equator to take photographs and purchase some crafts, continue and have lunch in Mbarara. After lunch you will proceed with your journey as you will go through the beautiful scenery, rolling hills with terraces as you arrive in Kabale also called the Switzerland of Africa. Have dinner and overnight.
Meal Plan; Half Board
Accommodation Options; Buhoma Community Camp(Budget) or Silverback Lodge(Moderate) orGorilla Forest Camp(Luxury)
Day 2 of the 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda: First Day of Gorilla Tracking and Community Visit – Bwindi
Enjoy your breakfast and set out from your lodge with packed lunch as you head to the park headquarters at 7 am for briefing before you embark on Gorilla tracking in the thick mist Bwindi forest. Thereafter proceed for tracking which takes about between 2 to 6 hours mainly dependent on how far the gorillas go. Trekkers are allowed to spend one hour with the gentle giants in this time you could watch them play, feed, and take enough photos. Later return back to the lodge, relax for some time and after go for a community walk in the Batwa community during the evening. Enjoy dinner & overnight.
Meal Plan; Full Board
Accommodation Options; Buhoma Community Camp(Budget) or Silverback Lodge(Moderate) or Gorilla Forest Camp(Luxury)
Note: Endeavor to carry enough drinking water, water proof camera, rain coats, hats, sunglasses, walking/hiking shoes, insect repellent, among others.
Day 3 of the 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda: Seconday day of Gorilla Tracking in Bwindi and transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
Before embarking on gorilla tracking, wake up early enough and have breakfast, carry packed lunch from the lodge, you will follow the same procedure used same as that on the first day though you will follow another gorilla group different from what you tracked the previous day. After trekking, you will drive to Lake Bunyonyi which is home to 29 islands and a great place for birds; its waters are Bilharzia free and safe for swimming. You will have your dinner this side and Overnight stay.
Meal Plan; Full Board
Accommodation Options; Broadbill forest camp or Acadia cottages or Bunyonyi Bird Nest Lodge
Day 4 of the 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda: Departure
Enjoy a delicious morning breakfast, and set out for a boat ride on lake Bunyonyi where you will go around various islands with sights of terraced hills, birds, and alike. Thereafter start off your journey to Kampala having lunch en-route reaching there late evening. Your guide will take you to your Kampala hotel or transfer you to the airport for your flight back home.
End of the 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda
Getting There: Map showing 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda
The Trip Cost Includes
- Pick-up or Drop-off service from and to Airport(in our own vehicle)
- Transportation to and from!!
- Food all along the trip(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea) and accommodations during the trip in hotels with family environment
- Transportation, food, accommodation and insurance of Guide during the trip
- Down jacket, all-season sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map(in case if you don’t have your own. Down jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag must be returned after completion of the trip)
- First Aid Medical Kit(Your guide will carry the Medical Kit but we also advise to bring yourself for your own use, as far as possible)
- All the required permits and paperwork
The Trip Cost Excludes
- International Airfare
- Visa Charges
- Hotel Expenses(In Kathmandu, some packages do include hotel expenses)
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc
- Food and accommodations in Kathmandu
- Services not mentioned or not promised by the agent/agency
- Emergency expenses such as expenses on chartered helicopter.
Request a reservation: 4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda
Annapurna Base Camp is a Grade B or a moderately difficult trekking route. So any fit person can do this trek, even if you do not have any previous experience. You should be aware of what to expect and mentally prepare for it. Then, as long as you will to, you can.
On average, you walk about 4 to 6 hours per day. One or two days can be as less as 3hrs and one or two days can be as long as 7hrs.
The highest altitude reached is 4190m. This is the elevation of Annapurna Base Camp. ABC is the highest we will climb in this trek.
Yes, you can charge batteries en route. Charger should be brought. There are hot shower facilities as well. You may have to pay certain amount for both ($1-$2). Negotiate. Also, hot water facility could be free at lower elevation.
No. There are no ATMs on this trek route. You will have to draw enough cash in Pokhara or Kathmandu. There are a number of ATMs in these cities. Everything is paid in Nepali rupees. So money should be exchanged before the start of the trek.
Yes. Internet can be accessed in most places. Sometimes, there might be some technical problems. Internet in Nepal is not as fast as you are used to and at times you can just lose connection.
Not really. It depends on you. If you want, ABC trekking can be done independently. You could hire a guide and a porter by yourself instead of going through an agency or not hire a guide at all. Although, not having a guide can be a little problematic during off season. It really depends on you. Is it your first time in Nepal? How confident are you of being able to find your way around? How pressed on time are you? If you go through an agency, it will be costlier but everything will be planned. You will only have to come, trek and return.
For Annapurna region, pay for guides range from $20 to $30 per day and porters take $15 to $25 per day.
Please Kindly note that Upon request, we can customize this Safari/tour, fit in the best destinations of you desire, hotels & number of days to suit your desire so you keep Miles of Smiles .just contact us call us 24/7 on phone