6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda
Overview of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda
Tour Summary | Safari Highlights: of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda
- Day 1 of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda: Arrive Kigali
- Day 2 of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda: Gorilla Trekking Rwanda
- Day 3 of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda: Golden Monkey Trekking Experience
- Day 4 of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda: Trek Dian Fossey’s visit and transfer to Uganda
- Day 5 of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda: Gorilla trekking in Uganda
- Day 6 of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda: Drive to Kampala
Tour Features: 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda
- Private tour: This tour/safari will be run exclusively for you and won’t be shared with others.
- Can be customized You can request minor changes to the accommodation and destinations of this tour.
- Can start any day; If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Activities Involved: 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda
- Gorilla trekking
- Chimpanzee trekking
Description Safari/Tour Itinerary of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda
Day 1 of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda: Arrive Kigali
Upon arrival at Kigali airport you will be transferred to Kigali; Rwandas capital. While here you will have a briefing about this Rwanda safari. After lunch, depart for PNV at around 2pm. The journey involves driving to the North where you will pass through eye-catching terraced hills which are the case with most of the countrys terrain, steadily as climb to the foothills of the astonishing Virunga volcanoes; there is a possibility of seeing the 5 volcano peaks.
Accommodation Options: Overnight at Kinigi guesthouse or, La palme, La bambo lodge,Volcanoes Virunga Lodge or the Gorilla View lodge (FB).
Day 2 of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda: Gorilla Trekking Rwanda
Set out for gorilla tracking in Parc National des Volcans (based on the availability of the trekking permit at the time of making your booking). Tracking the mountain gorillas through the light forested mountain slopes of the stunning Virungas is a thrilling experience. When you eventually meet the gorillas, you will allowed an hour with them, seeing them feed, play and look for their young ones. From here you will return for a late lunch at your lodge. Important to note is that some gorilla families are hard to find the tracking may last the entire day especially during the rainy months as the paths are quite muddy.
Accommodation Options: Overnight at Kinigi guest house or, Volcanoes Virunga Lodge or the Gorilla View lodge (FB).
Day 3 of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda: Golden Monkey Trekking Experience
Today you will visit the beautiful golden monkeys (at an extra fee payable at the time of booking) or opt to drive directly to Gisenyi, or visit Ross Carr’s orphanage as well as Lake Kivu, or walk to Lake Bulera, or hike the Bisoke or Muhabura volcanoes, or alternatively visit one of the local schools and the local community projects.
Accommodation options: Overnight at Kinigi Guesthouse or the Gorilla’s view lodge(FB)
Day 4 of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda: Trek Dian Fossey’s visit and transfer to Uganda
After breakfast you may choose to relax at the lodge, take a walk around or walk to Dian Fossey’s grave. In the afternoon after your lunch you will head to Uganda.
Accommodation Options: Overnight at the Gorilla Resort, or Buhoma community bandas, Nshongi Gorilla Resort, Trekker’s Tarvan, Gorilla Mist lodge, Silver Back lodge, Kitandara Safari Tents, Mahogany springs Lodge(FB)
Day 5 of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda: Gorilla trekking in Uganda
Today you will track mountain gorilla again, but this time this will be in Bwindi and later in the day you will take a nature walk in case you still have some energy.
Day 5 of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda: Drive to Kampala
After breakfast you will drive to Kampala or go directly to Entebbe where you will arrive in the evening for your departure flight. End of 6 days Rwanda and Uganda gorilla trekking safari!
End of the 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda
Getting There: Map showing 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda
The Trip Cost Includes
- Pick-up or Drop-off service from and to Airport(in our own vehicle)
- Transportation to and from!!
- Food all along the trip(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea) and accommodations during the trip in hotels with family environment
- Transportation, food, accommodation and insurance of Guide during the trip
- Down jacket, all-season sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map(in case if you don’t have your own. Down jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag must be returned after completion of the trip)
- First Aid Medical Kit(Your guide will carry the Medical Kit but we also advise to bring yourself for your own use, as far as possible)
- All the required permits and paperwork
The Trip Cost Excludes
- International Airfare
- Visa Charges
- Hotel Expenses(In Kathmandu, some packages do include hotel expenses)
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc
- Food and accommodations in Kathmandu
- Services not mentioned or not promised by the agent/agency
- Emergency expenses such as expenses on chartered helicopter.
Request a reservation: 6 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Rwanda
Annapurna Base Camp is a Grade B or a moderately difficult trekking route. So any fit person can do this trek, even if you do not have any previous experience. You should be aware of what to expect and mentally prepare for it. Then, as long as you will to, you can.
On average, you walk about 4 to 6 hours per day. One or two days can be as less as 3hrs and one or two days can be as long as 7hrs.
The highest altitude reached is 4190m. This is the elevation of Annapurna Base Camp. ABC is the highest we will climb in this trek.
Yes, you can charge batteries en route. Charger should be brought. There are hot shower facilities as well. You may have to pay certain amount for both ($1-$2). Negotiate. Also, hot water facility could be free at lower elevation.
No. There are no ATMs on this trek route. You will have to draw enough cash in Pokhara or Kathmandu. There are a number of ATMs in these cities. Everything is paid in Nepali rupees. So money should be exchanged before the start of the trek.
Yes. Internet can be accessed in most places. Sometimes, there might be some technical problems. Internet in Nepal is not as fast as you are used to and at times you can just lose connection.
Not really. It depends on you. If you want, ABC trekking can be done independently. You could hire a guide and a porter by yourself instead of going through an agency or not hire a guide at all. Although, not having a guide can be a little problematic during off season. It really depends on you. Is it your first time in Nepal? How confident are you of being able to find your way around? How pressed on time are you? If you go through an agency, it will be costlier but everything will be planned. You will only have to come, trek and return.
For Annapurna region, pay for guides range from $20 to $30 per day and porters take $15 to $25 per day.
Please Kindly note that Upon request, we can customize this Safari/tour, fit in the best destinations of you desire, hotels & number of days to suit your desire so you keep Miles of Smiles .just contact us call us 24/7 on phone