3 Days safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Overview of the 3 Days safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park
The 3 days Safari will take you to Ugandas most visited National Park- Queen Elizabeth National Park one of; it covers an area 1,978 sq.km, found in the Western part of the country, approximately 376 km from Kampala. It is classified with various ecosystems such as the dazzling lakes, kazinga channel, extensive savannah, humid forests and also lush wetlands. The park is home to about 100 mammal species, around 606 bird species: you will be in line to see big numbers of antelopes, crocodiles, hippos, elephants, buffaloes, among others during game drives through the park and on a boat cruise along the Kazinga channel which bisects the park. The park is also home to Climbing lions that are found in the Ishasha Sector, Chimpanzees in Kyambura Gorge and also various birds and monkeys in the Maramagambo forest.
Tour Summary | Safari Highlights: of the 3 Days safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 1 of the 3 Day safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park – 3 Days: Travel from Kampala to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 2 of the 3 Day safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park – 3 Days: Morning Game Drive and Afternoon Boat Safari
- Day 3 of the 3 Day safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park – 3 Days: Departure to Kampala
Tour Features: 3 Days safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Private tour: This tour/safari will be run exclusively for you and won’t be shared with others.
- Can be customized You can request minor changes to the accommodation and destinations of this tour.
- Can start any day; If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Activities Involved: 3 Days safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- boat cruise
- chimpanzee trekking
- climbing lions
Description Safari/Tour Itinerary of the 3 Days safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 1: Travel from Kampala to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Wake up early, enjoy a morning breakfast from the hotel after which you will be picked from there by your guide at 7:30 am who will brief you and you embark on the 6 hours journey to Queen Elizabeth. Along the way you will have few stopovers at the Equator, here you will take enough photographs and in Mbarara town at Agip Motel for your lunch. Thereafter proceed to the Park as you drive through the spectacular landscape characterized with open grasslands, Ankole log horned cattle, tea plantations, the Rift valley Escarpment and various woodlands. Reach the park in late afternoon and have a game drive as you drive to your lodge. Have dinner and there spend an Overnight.
Meal Plan; Lunch &Dinner
Accommodation: Katara Lodge/Mweya safari lodge(Luxury), Kasenyi Safari Camp/Kyambura game lodge(Mid-range), Ihamba Safari Lodge/Simba safari camp(Budget)
Day 2: Morning Game Drive and Afternoon Boat Safari
Begin your day with a delicious cup of coffee/tea before getting on with the game drive on different trails in the park including the along the Kasenyi trail. Along the Kasenyi trail there is a great opportunity of seeing various animals like water bucks, Uganda Kobs, elephants, buffaloes, lions, warthogs as well as various birds. After the drive, go back and have breakfast and also lunch at your lodge. Later during the afternoon, you will take pleasure in cruising on a 2 hours boat safari along Kazinga channel that connects Lake George and Lake Edward, while on the boat you will see a good number of animals like Hippos, crocodiles, buffaloes, warthogs, elephants, kobs among others and also a collection of birds like the malachite kingfishers, pink backed pelicans, on the banks and in trees. Have Dinner and Overnight.
Meal Plan; Breakfast, Lunch &Dinner
Accommodation: Mweya safari lodge/Katara Lodge(Luxury), Kasenyi Safari Camp/Kyambura game lodge(Mid-range), Ihamba Safari Lodge/Simba safari camp(Budget)
Day 3: Departure to Kampala
With the superb memories of the past two days, you will enjoy a heavy and tasty breakfast. Then check out of the lodge, you could choose to have a primate walk in the Park or not. Enjoy your lunch still along the way, also have a stopover at Mpambire drum centre where you will see how drums are made by the locals and also be in position to buy some souvenirs, proceed to Kampala, where you will be dropped off at your hotel in the evening.
End of the 3 Days safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Getting There: Map showing 3 Day safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park – 3 Days
The Trip Cost Includes
- Pick-up or Drop-off service from and to Airport(in our own vehicle)
- Transportation to and from!!
- Food all along the trip(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea) and accommodations during the trip in hotels with family environment
- Transportation, food, accommodation and insurance of Guide during the trip
- Down jacket, all-season sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map(in case if you don’t have your own. Down jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag must be returned after completion of the trip)
- First Aid Medical Kit(Your guide will carry the Medical Kit but we also advise to bring yourself for your own use, as far as possible)
- All the required permits and paperwork
The Trip Cost Excludes
- International Airfare
- Visa Charges
- Hotel Expenses(In Kathmandu, some packages do include hotel expenses)
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc
- Food and accommodations in Kathmandu
- Services not mentioned or not promised by the agent/agency
- Emergency expenses such as expenses on chartered helicopter.
Request a reservation: 3 Days safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Annapurna Base Camp is a Grade B or a moderately difficult trekking route. So any fit person can do this trek, even if you do not have any previous experience. You should be aware of what to expect and mentally prepare for it. Then, as long as you will to, you can.
On average, you walk about 4 to 6 hours per day. One or two days can be as less as 3hrs and one or two days can be as long as 7hrs.
The highest altitude reached is 4190m. This is the elevation of Annapurna Base Camp. ABC is the highest we will climb in this trek.
Yes, you can charge batteries en route. Charger should be brought. There are hot shower facilities as well. You may have to pay certain amount for both ($1-$2). Negotiate. Also, hot water facility could be free at lower elevation.
No. There are no ATMs on this trek route. You will have to draw enough cash in Pokhara or Kathmandu. There are a number of ATMs in these cities. Everything is paid in Nepali rupees. So money should be exchanged before the start of the trek.
Yes. Internet can be accessed in most places. Sometimes, there might be some technical problems. Internet in Nepal is not as fast as you are used to and at times you can just lose connection.
Not really. It depends on you. If you want, ABC trekking can be done independently. You could hire a guide and a porter by yourself instead of going through an agency or not hire a guide at all. Although, not having a guide can be a little problematic during off season. It really depends on you. Is it your first time in Nepal? How confident are you of being able to find your way around? How pressed on time are you? If you go through an agency, it will be costlier but everything will be planned. You will only have to come, trek and return.
For Annapurna region, pay for guides range from $20 to $30 per day and porters take $15 to $25 per day.
Please Kindly note that Upon request, we can customize this Safari/tour, fit in the best destinations of you desire, hotels & number of days to suit your desire so you keep Miles of Smiles .just contact us call us 24/7 on phone