4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda
Overview of the 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda
The 4 Days Mount Elgon Hiking/Trekking Safari will make you able to Hike the Elgon Mountain and enjoy splendid views, from Sipi waterfalls, and the caves, among others.
Tour Summary | Safari Highlights: of the 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda
- Day 1 of the 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda: Leave for Mount Elgon
- Day 2 of the 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda: Forest discovery at Kapkwai Trail
- Day 3 of the 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda: Sasa Trail
- Day 4 of the 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda: Nature Walk and Return trip to Kampala
Tour Features: 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda
- Private tour: This tour/safari will be run exclusively for you and won’t be shared with others.
- Can be customized You can request minor changes to the accommodation and destinations of this tour.
- Can start any day; If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Activities Involved: 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda
Description Safari/Tour Itinerary of the 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda
Day 1 of the 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda: Leave for Mount Elgon
Leave Kampala for Mount Elgon with your driver guide after a briefing. Mount Elgon is situated in Eastern Uganda on the Ugandan and Kenyan border. The Mountain covers the biggest surface areas of all the extinct volcanoes in the whole world. Mt Elgon is gifted with the most magnificent waterfalls, eye-catching caves, cliffs and gorges in the entire country. Have a stopover in Mbale for lunch. Upon arrival you will take a walk to and around the Sipi falls which are regarded as Ugandas romantic falls. Return, have diner and overnight.
Accommodation options; Sipi Falls Rest Camp or Sipi River Lodge
Day 2 of the 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda: Forest discovery at Kapkwai Trail
Be up so early in the morning, after breakfast; leave the lodge with packed lunch as you embark on touring the forest. Visit Kapkwai at the exploration centre and there you could decide to go through the Mountain Bamboo trail which is 7km long, so take a loop through as you will be able to visit the gorge and its southern edge and also the gentle river, it is truly a great experience. Return back later and have Dinner and Overnight.
Accommodation options; Sipi Falls Rest Camp or Sipi River Lodge.
Day 3 of the 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda: Sasa Trail
After breakfast, proceed for a whole day of hiking through the Sasa trail, here you will be able to clearly see the moorland as well as the amazing landscapes from a higher altitude. Enjoy your packed lunch and return back for dinner and overnight.
Day 4 of the 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda: Nature Walk and Return trip to Kampala
Take a tasty breakfast thereafter go for a brief forest walk. Later proceed back to Kampala, having lunch along the way this will mark the end of this safari.
End of the 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda
Getting There: Map showing 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda
The Trip Cost Includes
- Pick-up or Drop-off service from and to Airport(in our own vehicle)
- Transportation to and from!!
- Food all along the trip(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea) and accommodations during the trip in hotels with family environment
- Transportation, food, accommodation and insurance of Guide during the trip
- Down jacket, all-season sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map(in case if you don’t have your own. Down jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag must be returned after completion of the trip)
- First Aid Medical Kit(Your guide will carry the Medical Kit but we also advise to bring yourself for your own use, as far as possible)
- All the required permits and paperwork
The Trip Cost Excludes
- International Airfare
- Visa Charges
- Hotel Expenses(In Kathmandu, some packages do include hotel expenses)
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc
- Food and accommodations in Kathmandu
- Services not mentioned or not promised by the agent/agency
- Emergency expenses such as expenses on chartered helicopter.
Request a reservation: 4 Days mount Elgon Safari Uganda
Annapurna Base Camp is a Grade B or a moderately difficult trekking route. So any fit person can do this trek, even if you do not have any previous experience. You should be aware of what to expect and mentally prepare for it. Then, as long as you will to, you can.
On average, you walk about 4 to 6 hours per day. One or two days can be as less as 3hrs and one or two days can be as long as 7hrs.
The highest altitude reached is 4190m. This is the elevation of Annapurna Base Camp. ABC is the highest we will climb in this trek.
Yes, you can charge batteries en route. Charger should be brought. There are hot shower facilities as well. You may have to pay certain amount for both ($1-$2). Negotiate. Also, hot water facility could be free at lower elevation.
No. There are no ATMs on this trek route. You will have to draw enough cash in Pokhara or Kathmandu. There are a number of ATMs in these cities. Everything is paid in Nepali rupees. So money should be exchanged before the start of the trek.
Yes. Internet can be accessed in most places. Sometimes, there might be some technical problems. Internet in Nepal is not as fast as you are used to and at times you can just lose connection.
Not really. It depends on you. If you want, ABC trekking can be done independently. You could hire a guide and a porter by yourself instead of going through an agency or not hire a guide at all. Although, not having a guide can be a little problematic during off season. It really depends on you. Is it your first time in Nepal? How confident are you of being able to find your way around? How pressed on time are you? If you go through an agency, it will be costlier but everything will be planned. You will only have to come, trek and return.
For Annapurna region, pay for guides range from $20 to $30 per day and porters take $15 to $25 per day.
Please Kindly note that Upon request, we can customize this Safari/tour, fit in the best destinations of you desire, hotels & number of days to suit your desire so you keep Miles of Smiles .just contact us call us 24/7 on phone